hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

got holes?

Growing up I always remember my brother's grass stained jeans soaking in the laundry sink. I knew when I had girls that wouldn't be a worry- wrong. I knew holes could still be a possibility, since even I get holey jeans. Apparently, L & C play 'dogs' at school, yes, crawling around on the grass-hands and knees style. Two of Chloe's jeans were shot, the patches I'd put on worn out so we decided to experiment a bit. I've seen these skirts and figured she was cute enough to pull it off. She was thrilled with the result (all that really matters :) and thought it was funny when a boy in her class told her, "You're great at reduce, reuse, recycle." We try!

2 comments:

Andi May 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

Please, please, please teach me how to do that jeans-to-skirt thing! Just the other day, Emma was begging me to do something with her old holey jeans, and since I'm not a natural seamstress, I offered some lame excuse like, "oh, we don't have time right now." :)

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost May 9, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

I love those! I remember sowing me one in high school.... She looks cute!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made