hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

super savers...


Lauren and Chloe have always had a creative imagination and still like to dress up, just not as princesses anymore! Tonight found them engaging Noah in a loud and wild version of super heroes- the super savers, yes, they made up the name. They tore around the house "saving" people from fires and all sorts of disasters.
It's funny how the things we did as children that tormented our parents have a way of making a second appearance with our own kids, home layouts in this example. Before my parents remodeled last year they had a fantastic loop that circled through the formal living room around to a TV room and through the kitchen. As kids we used to whip around the loop chasing, yelling, being extremely obnoxious I'm sure. I remember Mom saying, "Quit running around the circle!"- more than once. Fast forward 20 years and here I am with a loop in my home. It circles through our sitting room and through the piano room. Although it is much smaller and doesn't boast those awesome swinging doors that we would bang so hard on my growing up loop, something about it screams to kids, "Run, run around me as fast as you can making as much noise as humanly possible!" It was fun to see them all play together, Noah loved wearing a dish-towel cape. I'm afraid we haven't seen the last of the super savers. Hmm, wonder if they could save my tomatoes? So I suppose in life what comes around goes around, literally, around and around and around and around and.......

5 comments:

idahohubers October 16, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

I love that they have so much fun together - and that you'll put up with the noise! I grew up in a round house, literally round. We always ran in circles. I should blog about it. Anyway, you redecorated and it looks great!

Unknown October 17, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Tanya,
I told you that I look at your lovely Blogspot and never comment, so now I am changing gears and doing what I said I never have time for...commenting. I love the super savers. I think you should put a pedometer on N. and see how many miles he runs in those never ending circles.
~Gina Waite~

Unknown October 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous October 18, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Ah yes.....the circle runs! It would be fun for me to "put up" with it all again for a few days. Time flies swiftly. I am glad my circle is gone though :-) Dad reminds me I still have an island...your furniture looks beautiful!

Mary Millward October 20, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Wow, I can't believe how much the girls have grown. I saw you on carla's blog list. How are you. Where are you guys living? You all look so great! Hope to hear from you.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made