hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

finally back...

My apologies faithful readers, whomever you are, I've been a lazy blogger. Not that life suddenly became boring, just haven't been motivated to actually write about it. Cody had two Saturdays off in a row-yes, a small miracle- and we've really been enjoying our time together as a family. We went to Reed's Dairy today and had ice cream. Noah didn't know what to think when I was telling him milk and "i ceem" came from cows. Wish I could have read his thoughts. Or maybe Lauren voiced them perfectly for him. "Dad, what's that crusty stuff all over the cow?" Yeah, it's good we ate first, hard to believe such yummies come from such yuckiness. Good for kids to see that sometimes though!

It feels like I've uttered the phrase "What WERE you thinking?" -way too much lately. Lauren glued a paper bag onto her door for a mailbox, Chloe wrote Lauren's name on the carpet with marker, and the biggest puzzler- Chloe sticking some chewed gum under her dress near the shoulder. Which yes, I washed the dress the discovered it. Why? Who knows, I guess all the garbages at church were full. Many thanks to the teacher who gave them gum. My sweet seven year olds have been more mischievous than my two year old. Maybe they didn't sow even wild oats in their younger days, or maybe I've just forgotten their past antics. I'm just trying to figure out what's going through their minds, I'm guessing not too much. Anyway, hopefully we're returning to silly things like putting clean clothes in the hamper and messiness under the beds.

I've also been a slacker taking pictures, but I'm recommitting myself. I have been sewing, cooking, and reading a lot. Visiting sisters a lot, meetings, yard work-cursing those maple trees. Praying for rain this week, not snow, spring is for rain right? Well, bloglings, have a fantastic week. I won't be such a stranger...

1 comments:

Melissa April 27, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

love to hear your back. It's nice to hear what's going on over the fence! I too have been busy, but the yard work seems gratifying and such a payoff from the horrible winter-don't you think?

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made