hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

Ivy's 1st birthday!


How fast can a year go- FAST I tell you! Ivy turned one on the 12th and we finally got around to a proper celebration this afternoon, the weekdays have become a bit crazy. How fortunate we can have cousins, grandparents and everyone so close to have fun with us.

Ivy was pretty much oblivious to all the partying, good thing she had plenty of helpers who were much more excited about presents than she was! I love the expression on her face- albeit blurry- when we presented her cake to her. I think the flame was like nothing she'd seen yet. And by far, the cleanest and generally untouched cake of all the first birthdays I've witnessed. Just like Ivy, dainty and sweet.

Funny how after a baby joins your family it's hard to imagine what life was even like prior to that day, as if they'd always been a part of you somewhere, somehow. We love you dearly Ivy!

1 comments:

Kristy November 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Happy birthday cute Ivy! I can't believe it's been a year either. I'll be making those brownies. Wow, those look good! I'm making your delicious pumpkin cookies tomorrow too-YUM!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made