hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

deja vu...













How does a face so loving and sweet inflict such a nasty ouchy on a boy as equally loving and sweet?

And while I'm asking questions, what is it about little girls, little Hansen girls specifically? For six torturous months from one year to 18 months Lauren and Chloe's forearms were covered with bite marks-from each other! I was always ultra conscious of them and what people might think. Once they learned to say no, or either get out of the other's way the situation improved.

Now here we are, 8 years later with another biter I'm afraid. In defense of Ivy however, Noah does really get in her (and my!) personal space sometimes. She hasn't quite mastered how to politely tell him so as I have. But still, biting!? It drives me crazy, she's too young to understand NO yet, so I've been coaching Noah that his best defense when he sees her lunging towards him, mouth gaping, four shining teeth, the obvious "AAHH" sound, is to get the heck out of the way! He will learn, as will she, soon Noah hopes. And just for the record, he is a great brother, he just appreciates physical play more than the rest of us combined. Poor guy, all he could muster was "Why is Ivy a bad baby?" with tears of course :)

0 comments:

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made