hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

feeling like home...

























I'm guessing it's safe to assume Noah is feeling quite at home and comfortable here. Yesterday morning he took a bath, got dressed and asked for me to help him put on his shoes and socks. It was almost 10:30, I told him we weren't leaving for school yet and did he still want to put them on. he doesn't care much for either if we're just at home. Yes, let's put them on. He made some passing comment about going to school all by himself and I said, let's wait until after lunch. Preschool starts at 1:30. I went into Ivy's room to put her down for a nap. And I must say, I like that time in my day, relaxing time to read and sit down. Noah has always been very good about playing while I get her to sleep.

The phone rings three different times and finally I can escape to answer it. The last caller is Cody, asking me if I know where Noah is. He's apparently at school, without a jacket, but he did grab his backpack, sitting with Cody in his class!! It's obvious he does know the way to school, we live only a couple blocks away- not city blocks mind you :) Luckily my visiting teacher recognized him and took him to Cody. I'm sure he didn't see a single moving vehicle on his way in this one horse town, but nonetheless we did chat about Mom always accompanying him to preschool. I think he sees his sisters leave and go places by themselves often enough he figured he could give it a try. When I gave him a hug I could tell he'd been crying and he tearfully confided, "Mom, I just wanted to come to school." And who can blame him, half our family was there. I hope I never have to remind him of how excited he was about school someday when
it's not so exciting :) Love you Noah.

0 comments:

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made