hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

better than Christmas...



I really should have slowed down in the unpacking of the toy boxes. Every time we crack one open, it's instant fun for a little while at least. I finally cleared out three huge boxes of games and toys from the girls loft, hooray. It looks much cleaner.

Lauren and Chloe have started declaring random days, "Noah Day" "Ivy Day" or my personal fave "Mom Day." This means extra helping, kind words and deeds to make that person feel special. Today it was Noah's turn. I always thought puppet theaters were the coolest toys ever. I think I wanted it more than they did, but it got some good use this afternoon. Tell me Noah does not looked totally captivated by the saga of the fireman and the frog! What a good sport, he even gave up the good chairs to Zilly and Gumdrop.

It was fun to see the four of them playing so well together. I needed that mental image to buoy me up as we went to get potatoes, the park, and the grocery store later today. We (I) couldn't handle the library after the three previous stops. I think they will all gradually adjust. I have been hearing a lot of comments along the lines of "why does it take so long to get somewhere?" The short answer to that lies in the fact that we are so far from anywhere! Our family spoke last week in church and I joked that the only thing here was good people- it's true in all regards!

3 comments:

Anonymous September 19, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

I'm looking forward to "Aunt Carrie Day!!" :) Cute post!

Carrie

Anonymous September 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

When is there a "Grandma's Day?" :-) I think that Gumdrop looks happier at your home than she ever did in that trunk! lol

Love,
mom/grandma

Kluane September 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

I just saw your comment, I've been really out of the "blogging world" lately. Now that summer is coming to an end I'm sure I will do better. It was so good to look at your blog and see what you guys have been up to (your baby girl looks so sweet). We'll miss seeing you guys,although we never did get together near enough.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made