hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

fun nights and not so fun nights...

First things first, little Ivy. She's the boss of my life now it seems and I'm loving it most of the time :) Between her feedings, Noah's nap and other factors it's hard to get out the door and around town to get anything done. I have to post a humongous thank you to Cody who has almost completed our Christmas shopping by himself. I think he really enjoys it and it's been a huge help to have him out and about rather than me with the kids. Ivy HATES her carseat, so this week I've nearly perfected holding her with one hand and dragging my cart behind with the other. From what I've noticed lately though, I'm not the only mom out there who has to gear herself up to do errands, and that's o.k. ! And when I happen to need both arms this lifesaver has been the best money I've spent as far as babies go for quite a while. I highly recommend it, Ivy loves being toted around and usually dozes off.

We celebrated 31 years of me on the 1st. Cody had the day off and we had lunch together then he graciously offered to go grocery shopping so I wouldn't have to with Ivy. (Remembering nursing Noah in the bathrooms mid-way through has made me a little hesitant to take Ivy yet.) A sweet lady brought us dinner then we had cake. I guess at some point in your life you realize that getting kitchen appliances for gifts isn't a bad thing, I'm there. My new waffle iron is the best, we're all enjoying it. This was just a silly picture of Noah. Don't be alarmed, the gray goop he's licking up is blueberry muffin batter. He's always drags his step-stool in chanting "batter, batter" when he knows something yummy is being mixed. Noah caught a bit of a cold last week and by yesterday I figured he should be on the upside of feeling better, but wasn't. He went to bed and woke up about 2 with labored breathing and a bad cough. We were pretty concerned so Cody took him to the hospital. He's recovering from croup for the next few days. It's tough to know with kids how bad it really is. It was a bit scary though when he was crying and so upset because he wasn't getting enough air. His discharge papers said no strenuous activity, it hasn't been strenuous, but he's been active :) I guess that means he's feeling a little bit better. I'm thankful, it was a stressful night. Looking forward to a low-key weekend, making gingerbread cookies tomorrow with the kids...

6 comments:

Ila December 6, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

I am glad you had a happy birthday! I got that carrier for Kate and it was WONDERFUL! I got called as the Primary Chorister when she was a baby, and it was the only way I made it through singing time. The kids thought it was so funny that a baby was in there. She would snuggle in and we would "sing her to sleep". :o) It was great!

Kristy December 7, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

Look at your cute non-pregnant self, doesn't it feel great to have your body back to yourself again?!?!? Sorry about Noah, it is so scary when little ones are sick. I've wanted to come see you and little Ivy, but I have this dumb cold for a few weeks I can't seem to get rid of. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you though! Happy Birthday too.

: ) Paula December 8, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

I hope getting a waffle iron for your birthday is a good thing. . . because that's what I got for Ben this year! Happy waffling!

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost December 8, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Remember when you denied me the batter after making cookies and other tasty treats?! :)
I'm glad you're sharing now!
Cute pics, Love ya!

idahohubers December 9, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

You've got fun stuff and stressful stuff happening at the same time over there. I've never made gingerbread men before it sounds so fun! Sorry to hear about Noah. I've had scares like that before but never had to take anyone to the hospital for it. I'm glad he's doing better and wanting friends over! (your comment made me smile, I didn't know he knew the girl's names). I need some more Ivy time anyway so we'll have to see you soon!

Anonymous January 4, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Just look at your adorable shirt, Tan! :6
xo mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made