hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

white dresses...



Six white dresses to be exact. Lots of good stuff happening here lately. Sweet Ivy- I can't type her name without putting some adjective before it :) - was blessed this past Sunday. Grandma Yost made her dress, it turned out just beautiful and must have taken quite a while. She used the same fabric I used to make Lauren and Chloe's baptism dresses. The last three white dresses came on Sunday when Grandma Yost gave Lauren and Chloe their birthday presents. She used the beaded bodice part of her wedding dress to create two white dresses for two American Girl dolls, Molly and Felicity. They were so excited and just adore them. They have wanted one for about two years. It was a special gift to help them remember their baptisms and how special this birthday is. I'm so thankful to have three daughters and be able to celebrate all these special days with them. I just realized last night that now I'll be able to sew dresses for one more little girl- Ivy. I'm also thankful for my Mom who loves these girls almost as much as I do, thanks for your help! Happy eight years Lauren and Chloe!



3 comments:

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost December 17, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

Lauren and Chloe are sure growing up! It was fun to call and just talk to them, like little adults. Sounds like they had a good birthday, and what a memorable birthday this one is! Ivy and G-ma look so cute... wish i could have been there last Sunday with you guys!

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

Those pictures are cute of us all! :)
Hope Lauren and Chloe had a great day Tuesday. It was so enjoyable to spend Sunday and share in these wonderful events. Love you all!
Grandma Y

idahohubers December 18, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

I love your girls! I can't wait until mine are old enough for wonderful dolls like that. They better want one (because I want one)! How special to have white dresses made for the dolls. This will be a birthday they always remember. I like that you made sunshiny cakes in the middle of winter.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made