hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

safely delivered...

another year started, another pose by the maple tree. It's fun to see how the girls have grown each year. Hope we live here long enough for many more tree pictures. If you can't tell by Chloe's pose, to say they were excited was a huge understatement! Would that everyday of the year could be like the first day. Lauren and Chloe bright eyed, bushy tailed, dressed, beds made, all that jazz, with backpacks on at 6:45 this morning. After removing the backpacks, reading scriptures, family prayer, and a good breakfast they still would've had time to walk. Although today they wanted me to drive them and make sure they made it to where they needed to be.

And as they both ran back one more time to where I was standing to give me one last hug, I couldn't help but just cherish this time when they want me to be there until the very last second. I know that one day I'll hear something like, "Mom, just drop me off here, you don't need to park and get out." And then I'll remember this day and once again wonder where the time went. And these blasted pregnancy hormones-as if I don't cry enough at things too embarrassing to post anyway. But seeing them grow up, so tall they could've passed for 3rd graders, really gets me, such a sentimental sap I am...

On the other hand, it's nice to have a schedule again. I think Noah was most disturbed by the whole day. He usually comes into our bedroom around 7:00 and climbs in bed with us to sleep after asking, "Noah visit?" This morning we were already up and at it and he groggily stumbled into the kitchen. After we all said good morning he grumbled, "Noah not good!" He missed those sisters too, as I knew he would. But we kept busy with exciting things like grocery shopping and a visit to the midwife today. Poor little man, he gets to go on all the fun errand trips now. We did see some tractors and motorcycles though, so maybe it was all right in the end.

All is well and typical with my pregnancy, 29 weeks this week. I feel like we're in a rush against time, trying to finish our basement before I can't do much to help. We're getting so close. I'm logging in a few hours painting almost everyday and getting mighty sick of it, glad you asked. Cody's finishing with trim and other odds and ends, but there's an end in sight and it's going to be beautiful. We'll love it, once it's done :)


4 comments:

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost August 26, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Man, L&C look SO grown up! How cute!
Oh Tanya wish i was closer to help you paint and whatever else i could do. Although i've been running off all excited to my own school. :)
Love ya sis! Hope to see ya soon!

landon August 27, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Wonderful to read your entries, Tan! They're so well-written and always make me smile and get me excited to have kids. Noah's so cute - "Noah visit?" :).

idahohubers August 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

I love how excited your girls are for school. My kids 'visit' every morning too but they don't ask first! How cute is he - and I love the 'Noah not good'. That is really funny.

Sweet Pea August 28, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

Tan, I don't know if pregnancy hormones have much to do with the crying. :) The other night I was sitting by Taylers bed watching her sleep and it was all I could do not to bawl. I just can't believe I can barely hold her anymore, where is my baby?!?! I know Parker is in that stage, but it seems like yesterday Tayler was that little. I can only imagine what it'll be like sending her off to school. The girls look super cute, I remember those first days too... good memories. Sounds like the fam is doing well and we are super excited to see you guys again!! Take care...

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made