hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

o-r-a-n-g-e- r-o-l-l-s...

How do you spell Christmas? I love to make orange rolls at Christmastime, to share and as a small selfish indulgence too! What-I haven't eaten lunch yet-oh well, let's just have rolls for lunch. I made two batches today which pretty much took up the larger portion of my day, but I figured why not since all the stuff was out and dirtied anyway. We made lots of plates and added some almond brittle-another guilty holiday pleasure-it's good it's only once a year! We took them around to friends and neighbors after school with the girls. All day I'd imagined all of us heading out in the van, Christmas music playing and everyone in great spirits as we gave rather than received. Sometimes I think my memory gets away from me, in reality things are not always so idyllic! Does that happen to anyone else?! The girls were bickering about who had gotten to take more plates to the doors, and getting back into the van climbing over one another seemed to be an issue. Oh well, it was fun, for me anyway, I like to share them. And, I think I've had my fill, enough to last me until next year!

2 comments:

Melissa December 20, 2007 at 5:27 PM  

tanya, this was awesome. I loved and needed a little pick me up, and your plate of 'goodies' did the trick!! Yes, I understand the chaos. I guess I've become scrooge because that is the reason why I haven't done hardly anything the last few years. I haven't been able to handle the little bickering, and the chaos it does bring. But I love it that you do!!! I'm feeling inspired, I think maybe I will try and do this again this year and give my kids a memory-hopefully it works out -Thank you!!

Anonymous December 21, 2007 at 6:51 PM  

Wow Tanya! You are an all or nothing girl too! :-) I'm glad that you enjoy baking. It was thrilling to see all of those orange rolls in your kitchen! This is a great opportunity to teach service and giving. It is never to soon to help children understand that sharing with others brings the greatest joy possible. That is what our Savior exemplified. I just wish I was your next door neighbor...
Love you all so much,
mom Yost

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made