hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

happy happy birthday birthday!

The post of a million pictures, that's what happens with two birthdays on one day-I can't imagine three Lisa! This year the girls and I decided to do something a little different, we made a birthday pizza rather than cakes. You would think that after so many cakes I would be somewhat good at it-not the case. I make bad cute cakes. I can make one in the pan just fine, but the fun shapes and frosting all baffles me. Thus-the pizza. We spent a very fun Saturday afternoon making it, the girls loved decorating the sugar cookie crust with all sorts of things, mostly because they could eat them too I'm sure! When I pulled it out of the fridge last night it didn't look so great. And honestly, it grossed Cody and I out, the pudding, the soggy candy, the whole thing. Of course L & C thought it was fantastic which is all that matters anyway :) Fun to try something new, but maybe we're glad no one was able to come and partake of the birthday pizza, probably a frown by that recipe, we'll stick with fruit pizza! The girls got Littlest Pet Shop animals from Cody's mom, great, now what does Santa do!?!? Santa's out of luck, he's done shopping and there may be a day of returns and re-shopping when it's all said and done :) Tis the story for the December birthdays, poor kids. We're going to throw a 7 1/2 birthday party on June 16 next year. Outdoor games, water games, food-and kids- OUTSIDE- should be fun. It's just too crazy some years to do a party. We had a candlelight dinner with their favorite foods-spaghetti, meatballs, and breadsticks. I loved it, we don't get to eat dinner with Cody much because of his work schedule and I truly miss it, miss it badly. Hopefully someday. Anyway- we were all sharing stories about the funny thing we remembered about them. How they used to say mazagines and soldiers instead of shoulders. They were such innocent and sweet little toddlers, they've just improved with age. I can hardly wait to sit around the table when they're home from college and share funny stories. So many good times ahead, I can't wait- no maybe I can- I like it right now too! I'm waxing sentimental so I'll wrap it up. :) My kids really bring it out in me. So another birthday, it's exciting to see them grow up, but it also pulls at my heart so incredibly hard, I love these years.
This week is full of loose ends-sewing projects, wrapping, cooking-mmm, and all the other random things that need doing. Nothing I can post pictures of unfortunately, shhh, it's a secret. Merry merry days...can't wait for next week!






0 comments:

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made