hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

front page news...


SUMMER READING
Lauren Hansen, 8, reads outside of the Idaho Falls Public Library on Tuesday while waiting for her family. She and her siblings had a bag full of books that they checked out.

If you're reading this today, Wednesday, you can check out Lauren here. Click on 'top story.' The photographer said he was from the Post Register and the picture on the cover of her book caught his eye. I had noticed a guy snapping pictures from across the lawn and was glad to know he was just from the paper. Pretty cool, considering so many kids were at the library that day. I actually try to make it a point NOT to go to the library during storytime, it is just so packed and Noah has a hard time paying attention when so much is happening around him. But we gave it a try and still managed to come away with a huge and heavy load of books. They were doing construction, so we parked far away. When we finally reached the van, I couldn't find the keys and sent Lauren and Chloe back in to retrieve them from the checkout desk. Turns out I'd let Ivy play with them and she'd fallen asleep with them in her hand. This is morphing into a post about my irresponisbility with keys this week. On Monday I lost Cody's car key on the path between the Greenbelt and Freeman Park while jogging. I went around the Greenbelt again then finally found it on my way back to the car. All the while fomulating a lost ad in my mind, I wasn't feeling very hopeful. It worked out fine, I just logged about 7 miles that day. Anyway, that's what I've been up to, trying to keep track of it all, especially keys. The girls start knothole baseball today for 6 weeks so that will be fun. Happy summer reading to all!


7 comments:

Carrie June 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

How Fun!!! I bet Lauren was just tickled!

Andi June 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

That's so cool! We must go get a paper today, the girls will be thrilled to see one of their friends on the FRONT PAGE!
Hey, was it you that commented on my blog - it said tanya but didn't have your pic? I figured it was you - send me your email info and I will add you as an author on the food blog. andi.marie@rocketmail.com :)

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost June 10, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Lauren's a local celeb! That book looks interesting :)
Good for you for jogging, even though you lost the keys.
You're gunna show me up at the wedding... should I sign you up for the triathlon!?

Ball of Fire June 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

WOW! FRONT PAGE! I hope you have several copies...one for you, her..

Kristy June 10, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Awesome! I guess there WAS a reason to be there that day after all, huh!

Anonymous June 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Those photographers have an eye for beauty!!! I'll be Lauren was tickled.

Tan, is Cody's tricks with keys rubbing off onto you? lol 8-) (Sorry Cody! I couldn't resist!)

Love,
grandma yost

Cheryl June 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

What a cute picture! Congratulations on your move to Bancroft, too. I have wondered a few times how it would be to move back there and raise children, it will be fun to read your stories. Good luck with your sell.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made