hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

more winter...

I'm trying to feel happy about the snow, after the holidays I'm ready for spring, walks outside, and gardens. But, being a farmer's daughter I'm always glad for anything wet. The kidlets are outside making massive snowmen as I write. While waiting to pick them up at school I witnessed several boys "snowman tipping." (Maybe I just made that up :) I thought it was a bit comical until the girls got into the van. Lauren and Chloe were disgusted and appalled since all three second grades had helped make two huge ones and the duties were protecting them from being knocked over during recess. (What would I have done with twin boys?! Surely they would have been part of the tipping rather than building...I digress) I assured them, their snowmen were safe in our yard. Plus, I could not believe there had been no snow pictures yet this season, it's time I suppose. Can't wait until Ivy is big enough to join us, I admit I still do like to make snowmen. Not much of a skier or snowboarder, but I do make good snowpeople!

So glad for the little things this week-
-Ivy only waking once at night- ahh those precious zzz's
-a new President! I caught part of the Inauguration events.
-seven Etsy shop sales this month, dusting off the trusty Bernina
-a long weekend with Cody and the kids home
-working out twice- and WOW-feelin' out of shape
-these big brown eyes

I guess you have to look at the good things, just now I hear the girls bickering. Those good moments come and go so fast! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost January 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Cute snowman! I saw your new bags the other day on Etsy, no surprise they've been selling, i LOVE the fabric! I am with you on wanting spring to come... i'm ready, and i even enjoy the snow.
Love ya, we need to catch up!

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

These pictures are so cute! It reminds us of the enjoyable time we had last weekend when your family came and spent some time in the snow. We loved to have you here!

Love,
mom and dad

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made