hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

before and after...



Oh, the beauties of having another older home, the fun little projects that come, just a little sarcasm intended. :) I do like the small projects.

After years of surviving the ugliness, but practicality of mini blinds I have to share this, what I wish I'd known about three homes ago. Some industrious chick- not me- figured out how to make Roman shades out of blinds. Pure genius I say, they still function perfectly, but without the dust and no style of mini blinds. Plus, I'd purchased a pattern to make Roman shades and it completely intimidated me with all the supplies I'd need. I think they're just about perfect in the kitchen. I'd never worked with the Fabritac glue she recommended, but it did give me some fits. I had to spread it very thin with a plastic spoon to avoid having it bleed through the fabric and show, but overall, it's an easy no-sew project.

Much better, don't you think! Check out her tutorial and dismantle your blinds, it's liberating!

6 comments:

Ila October 7, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Looks great Tanya! How did you find the little green notebook site? A cousin of mine told me about it (it's a friend of a friend of hers). I am wondering if she is more "widespread" than I realized? Don't you love the remodel of her girl's room?

Kristy October 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Love it!

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost October 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Those are awesome! I wanna make some now!

Andi October 7, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Ooh, I love those! That looks like one that maybe even I could do!

Melissa October 9, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

I have a 'thing' with Roman shades. I want them badly but I was to intimidated to try to make my own, and I didn't want to go broke on the shades. This is a perfect option!! great idea. :)

anilokin October 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

It looks beautiful Tan! I so wish i could do that.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made